Typography city posters by Ursula Hitz
- New York
Records!!! Here is a random sample of the letterpress printed record posters I’ve been making as part of an ongoing series. They will be thrown up around the Midwest soon, some here in Chicago and some back in my hometown of Motown. Lock up shown with full record, print is of the opposite side of the same block, which is the broken record, printed on various sheets of origami paper. Rock n Roll! More finished prints to come…
Five Prints of Quotations that aren’t Schmalzty:
I must admit, this post was kind of hard to create. Just go to the Letterpress section of Etsy and you will be bombarded by a plethora of cheesiest, mushiest quotation prints you’ve ever seen in your life. And since I’m not particularly fond by these prints and would never hang them in my house, I sought to find just 5 quotation prints that I would. And here they are:
1. Midge Blitz, “Don’t Need You” Poster, 11” x 15”, Lyrics by Bikini Kill, Available here.
2. Nick Agin, “Heaven for the Climate”, 1-color screenprint, quote adapted by the notebooks of Mark Twain, Edition of 100, Available here.
3. Tom Pappalardo, “Hello Darkness My Old Friend”, quote from Simon and Garfunkle, 2-color screenprint, 10”x20”, unknown edition size, available here.
4. Andrea Daugherty, “Champagne”, quote from Dom Pierre Perignon, Letterpress print, 11” x 8.5”, Available here.
5. Half and Half Designs, “Glamoron”, quote from Hedy Lamarr, 3-color silkscreen, 9” x 12”, Edition of 50, Available here. (yes, i have posted this before. yes, i do own this print. yes, it is that awesome).